have your best teams with

Список форумов ИЭУП Набережные Челны

Сообщение #1 panxing18 » 15.08.2018, 05:21

Hunter Strickland realizes the San Francisco Giants have a fine-line for winning games Authentic Derick Brassard Jersey , and he was disgusted to leave one on the field.

Walks were the closer’s culprit again.

Miguel Rojas followed Lewis Brinson’s RBI single with a go-ahead base hit as the Miami Marlins rallied against Strickland in the ninth inning and overcame an early four-run deficit, beating the Giants 5-4 on Monday night.

”It’s unacceptable,” Strickland said. ”Obviously I’m not thrilled about it right now, I didn’t do my job.”

Strickland (3-3), San Francisco’s second reliever, blew his fourth save in 17 chances. He walked Brian Anderson to begin the ninth then surrendered J.T. Realmuto’s RBI double.

”All the credit to Andy in the ninth inning, putting that at-bat against their closer,” Rojas said of Anderson. ”That for sure rattled him right there. He wasn’t expecting that at-bat from the leadoff guy and I think everything started from that at-bat.”

Tayron Guerrero (1-2) pitched the eighth before Kyle Barraclough closed out the 2-hour, 47-minute game for his third save as Giants fans booed the home team.

Pablo Sandoval hit a two-run homer in the second and Andrew Suarez struck out seven, but San Francisco failed to hold a lead as it opened an extended stretch at home.

Joe Panik added an RBI single in the second after Buster Posey led off the inning with a double that center fielder Brinson misjudged, letting it go over his head.

Suarez had his third straight no-decision and second in a row against the Marlins after the Giants’ 5-4 loss at Miami on Wednesday, when the clubs played a four-game series in South Florida to begin last week.

Mac Williamson also had an RBI single as the Giants lost for just the second time in their last nine home games. They began a schedule with 20 of 26 at AT&T Park after nearly a month with only eight games in the Bay Area.

”For eight innings we played great baseball,” manager Bruce Bochy said.

Marlins starter Caleb Smith, who made his first start against the Giants last Wednesday and matched up against Suarez for a second straight outing, was done after four innings Devin Hester Bears Jersey , allowing four runs on six hits, striking out four and walking two.

Miami committed two errors and had managed only Rojas’ two-run single in the fifth before getting to Strickland. Among the Marlins’ most reliable hitters this month, Anderson played at AT&T Park for the first time and went 0 for 3 – making him 0 for 10 in his past three games.

BART ARRIVES

Giants’ first-round draft pick and catcher Joey Bart, the No. 2 overall selection who signed for a bonus of more than $7 million, arrived to AT&T Park for a stop before he returns to Arizona to get some at-bats before reporting to Class A short-season Salem-Keizer in the Northwest League.

”This is unbelievable,” he said. ”I’m lucky to be in this position. I’m ready to take off from here.”

Bart planned to ride BART – Bay Area Rapid Transit – on Tuesday.

He enjoyed the atmosphere at the ballpark.

”I’d love to be out here as soon as possible,” he said of reaching the big leagues.

JOHNSON’S GREETING

Marlins second-round pick Osiris Johnson of Alameda’s Encinal High – where cousin Jimmy Rollins and Dontrelle Willis also played – met manager Don Mattingly before the game and watched batting practice.

”I’ve seen a lot of good things,” Mattingly said, ”moving around at short, swinging it.”

TRAINER’S ROOM

Marlins: Mattingly is hopeful 3B Martin Prado will return from a strained left hamstring that put him on the disabled list May 26 sometime before the All-Star break. Prado is on a running progression and taking groundballs and hitting back home. ”He’s been a surprise he’s doing this good this fast,” Mattingly said. ”He’s been 100 percent.” … 1B Garrett Cooper (bruised right wrist) played four innings at Class A Jupiter and will do so again Tuesday before continuing his rehab with Triple-A New Orleans.

Giants: RHP Johnny Cueto threw a 40-pitch, two-inning simulated game, facing Hunter Pence as one of the hitters, as he works back from inflammation in his pitching elbow. The Giants will determine the next step – starting a rehab appearance or throwing again to live hitters – based on how he feels Tuesday. … RHP Jeff Samardzija, on the disabled list for a second stint this time with tightness in his pitching shoulder Jaire Alexander Packers Jersey , threw a bullpen and will make a rehab outing with Triple-A Sacramento on Thursday and then it will be determined if he needs another or is activated. … Athletic trainer Dave Groeschner will travel to Los Angeles to be with Evan Longoria as the third baseman has surgery Tuesday on his fractured left hand. … SS Brandon Crawford went on the paternity list for the birth of his son and fourth child and INF Kelby Tomlinson was recalled from Sacramento.

UP NEXT

Marlins: RHP Dan Straily (2-2, 4.23 ERA) is 4-0 with 2.82 against the Giants entering his seventh career start vs. San Francisco.

Giants: RHP Dereck Rodriguez (1-1, 4.34) makes his fourth career start after a no-decision in a 16-inning Giants win against the Marlins last Thursday.

LeBron James gets to the NBA Finals every year, masking the East’s mediocrity.

Lately, he’s been the underdog and the finals’ outcome has been predictable.

That doesn’t seem like the best thing for a championship series, though James representing the East is a better finals option for the NBA than a Kyrie Irving-less Celtics squad or the uninspiring Raptors.

James provides the star power to drive TV ratings. So the NBA hasn’t needed the best teams in the finals; it has had the best player.

”The real answer is it’s better to have both,” said Scott Rosner, the academic director of the sports management program at Columbia University. ”The NBA, if you step back from it, has been very much on an upward trend, you can argue more than any of the other big four sports leagues. There’s a lot of different reasons for that, but clearly it’s a star-driven league.”

For eight years running James has provided the glimmer of hope that the JV against the varsity really can be competitive. He can almost single-handedly create compelling basketball. Still, he’s on the verge of losing in the NBA Finals without winning more than a game for the fourth time. Nonetheless, fans are still watching in huge numbers.

It’s been a nice run, but the NBA probably needs to think about getting the best teams in the finals when James isn’t.

He could leave Cleveland as a free agent this summer Hayden Hurst Jersey , maybe even head West. And once he’s done slipping on his Eastern Conference champion hat every spring, the problem that’s been concealed by his immense talent comes into full view.

The Larry O’Brien Trophy won’t be awarded before Friday night in Cleveland, or maybe sometime next week back in California. But the NBA championship was essentially decided on Memorial Day in Houston, when the Warriors rallied to take Game 7 from a Rockets team that was the only one with a realistic chance to beat them, and would likely be beating Cleveland now.

”To me, Houston wasn’t just one half away from advancing to the finals. They were one half away from winning a championship,” ABC analyst Jeff Van Gundy said.

That’s why Van Gundy advocates a playoff format where the top 16 teams were seeded by their records. That would allow any two teams to meet in the final round, rather than the current system that mandates East against West.

”Listen, I’m for the best teams meeting in the finals,” Van Gundy said. ”I’d be fine if they played the conferences for travel purposes through the year to minimize how many times you’d have to go cross-country. But I’ve always been for the top 16 records should be in the playoffs, and I would be absolutely fine if you then seeded 1 through 16, regardless of what conference you played in during the regular season.”

Commissioner Adam Silver continues to say concerns about too much travel make that change impossible for now. James has said he prefers the traditional East-West format, and it’s hard to blame him since it’s helped provide him such a smooth path to the finals. Even in a season like this, when he doesn’t have the strongest of teams around him – and one of the worst in the league defensively – he can carry them through seven-game series in the East.

Silver said he looked it up and found that James has had 59 different teammates during his run, so it’s not as if his teams need continuity and cohesiveness. All it’s taken to play for the title the last eight years is James.

”My point before Mike Hughes Jersey , if you have LeBron James playing with 59 different players over eight years, it means that presumably the team LeBron is on is going to be a dominant team,” Silver said. ”Whether they get to the finals every year is a separate issue.”

They almost certainly wouldn’t have won more than one round this season, where as the sixth-winningest team in the league they would have been slotted to meet the third-seeded Warriors in round two in a 1-16 format.

That could create must-see matchups in every round of the nearly two-month march to the championship, but it comes with risk to the league.

Having James home in mid-May would be disastrous from a business standpoint. His mesmerizing performances against the Celtics, when he played all 48 minutes in a Game 7 victory in Boston, catapulted ESPN to the most-watched Eastern Conference finals since 2012. And questions about his future dominate the sports headlines as long as the Cavs are playing.

If the East loses its most imposing player and most important personality, the league and its marketing partners would be left to sell an NBA Finals matchup lacking its marquee product.

”It is certainly a situation where all things being equal you’d rather have your best teams with your best players in it, your superstar players in it,” Rosner said. ”That said, given your druthers would really prefer to have a competitive series.”

There are only a handful of teams considered legitimate championship contenders. The number could grow even smaller this summer after James makes his future plans.

”Can our system be improved upon?” Silver said. ”I think it can. I think it’s something we’re constantly looking at.”

Better hurry. James won’t be around forever.

panxing18
С нами: 2 месяца 25 дней

Вернуться в Набережные Челны

Кто сейчас на сайте (по активности за 5 минут)

Сейчас этот форум просматривают: 1 гость