Stopping a dynamic athlete that can throw the ball well

Список форумов ИЭУП Альметьевск

Сообщение #1 elvafeng » 02.11.2017, 12:08

A Week 8 loss to Springville ended Skyridge’s claim to excellence, costing the Falcons both the Region 8 title and a number one seed.

Back to back back losses against Alta, Timpview and Corner Canyon, meanwhile, had the Beetdiggers fighting for their playoff lives.

Heading into last weekend’s first round contests against Skyline and Viewmont, it wouldn’t have surprised anyone had Skyridge or Jordan’s season come to an end.

How things have changed.

The Falcons obliterated the Eagles, 55 0, while the Beetdiggers took down the top seeded Vikings 28 20.

“Everybody’s goal is to continue to progress throughout the year and peak at the end,” said Skyridge head coach Jon Lehman. “I feel like our team is still feeling pretty good. They are still excited to come to practice every day and are energized to get better. Their focus Dontari Poe Jersey, competition and preparation has these guys playing pretty good football right now.”

Teriipaia, meanwhile, feels much the same about his Beetdiggers.

“I think our team hasn’t peaked yet , which is a good thing, said Teriipaia. “I think we are still, even this late in the season, getting a lot better and growing.

“I think we are on our way to moving forward https://www.falconsatljersey.com/keanu-neal-jersey-c-21.html,” the first year headman added. “You haven’t seen the best of Jordan yet, but I think you are about to see it.”

The Beetdiggers are led by Wakely, a player Lehman calls “a dynamic athlete, a great quarterback. When you have a guy that can play like he can, anything is possible.”

Wakely has been one of the best quarterbacks in Utah, completing 177 of 297 passes for 2,848 yards and 20 touchdowns all the while rushing 163 times for 1,315 yards and 20 additional scores.

“Stopping a dynamic athlete that can throw the ball well is a great challenge,” added Lehman. “ Wakely is a guy that can turn nothing into something. He can take a ten yard loss and turn it into a ten yard gain.”

Along with Wakely, Jordan has benefited from the play of running back Jake Shaver 151 carries for 728 yards and 15 scores and receiver Ethan Bolingbroke 52 receptions for 1,008 yards and eight touchdowns .

Add in a defense that, while much maligned during the season Jordan finished with the 15th rated defense in 5A , proved stout against Viewmont, and the https://www.falconsatljersey.com/devonta-freeman-jersey-c-23.html Beetdiggers look like a team to be reckoned with.

“Our team is starting to come together,” said Teriipaia. “Our defense played strong against Viewmont . We have responded well to difficult situations. It’s helped our confidence.”

As for Skyridge, the Falcons are best characterized by their balanced approach.

“Our greatest strength is our balance,” said Lehman. “Teams that are versatile can win a lot of different type of games. Those are the teams that survive a long season. We believe we are one of those teams.”

For Lehman, the Falcons showed that in their beatdown of Skyline.

“The Skyline game was probably the best evidence of our balance,” said Lehman. “That balance was pretty tough for them to handle.”

The Falcons have had 10 different players score rushing touchdowns this season https://www.falconsatljersey.com/robert-alford-jersey-c-22.html, led by Ma’a Notoa 47 carries, 315 yards and five scores and Alex Palmer 31 carries, 573 yards and five touchdowns .

Quarterback Jayden Clemons has excelled this season as well, throwing for 1,596 yards and 24 scores.

“This team has been really fun to coach,” said Lehman. “They are coachable and rise up to the challenge.”

“Do we win this game?” Lehman added. “I’m not sure, but these guys have really made me proud with how they have gotten better every day.”

“We are excited, said Teriipaia. “They are a good team and we are a good team. We should be in store for a great game.”
elvafeng
С нами: 7 месяцев 20 дней

Вернуться в Альметьевск

Кто сейчас на сайте (по активности за 5 минут)

Сейчас этот форум просматривают: 1 гость